Saturday, March 21, 2009

Still working out, lazy about blogging

I am over a month behind in blogging workouts. Yikes! I can't hope to catch up. I've worked out regularly with just my usual one rest day per week, so I really don't feel like going through and posting 30 or 40 workouts.

February was full of upper & lower body splits, crazy interval cardio lunacy and not enough yoga. I wasn't stretching enough and have really regretted that.

March has been full body circuits, 3X a week with extra cardio. I ended up getting back to the yoga after having a problem with thoracic outlet syndrome. I thought it was carpal tunnel, but it improves greatly upon stretching out the pectorals and making sure that area is not compressed. I lost a few nights of sleep thanks to waking up with numb tingly fingers on my right arm. Nights of that led into days of achiness and misery. Getting back into yoga and stretching, stretching, stretching has greatly improved it. I'm sleeping soundly again with no problems! (Had to change my sleep position, too).

That was part of my non-blogging issue. Sitting at the keyboard typing was making my right wrist very uncomfortable. Wearing a wrist brace made it darned near impossible.

It's getting near 5K season, so I've been working on my speed. Had a few days where I could run outside - so much different than being trapped indoors on a treadmill!

Okay - time to blog today's workout...

No comments: