Saturday, July 25, 2009

7.25.09 catch up

Once again I'm behind on logging workouts. It would be just too hard to catch up.

I've been doing a split plan: Chest/Arms/Abs, Legs/Glutes/Abs, and Back/Abs. Each compound set was followed by a 5 - 10 minute cardio interval, either running on the treadmill or using the cursed, evil but lovely Stairmaster. Each workout lasted between 75 - 90 minutes. 3 other days were devoted to cardio/stretching. I meant to do yoga but I've been slacking off badly about that. One rest day a week.

Nearly killing the cat threw some heavy stress into the mix. Somehow he ingested flea product that the dogs were wearing. It said "Do not use ON cats." The vet said it was actually dangerous to use around them and that he wished it was off the market. Anyhow, there has been a ton of stress.

In August I'll probably change things up a bit with my program. I'm still working on speed. At least twice a week I've been doing 1/4 mile repeats, trying to build up some speed for fall 5ks.

I'll try to be better about this next week and actually log the actual workouts.

No comments: