Saturday, February 6, 2010

More Catching Up

It was a crazy week - my dad had surgery, I had appointments to drive everyone to, blah blah blah.

Mon, Tues, Thurs I led my Body Boot Camp classes. They were all about 1 hr 15 - 20 min long. Thursday was a Thursday 300 - one of the circuits involved 100 reps done 3X to equal 300. A killer! On those days I also got in an extra hour of cardio for myself. On Wednesday I was forced to take the day off - there was just too much going on, no time. On Friday my father had surgery and I had him at the hospital at 6:20am...didn't leave until noon, had to pick up my daughter from work, settle him back at the assisted living. I managed a short nap and then had Layla over for a couple of hours so her mommy could catch a nap. I was fried but tried to work out at home. I ended up doing 5 minutes with the kettlebell and 5 minutes on the stationary bike before I packed it in and watched "Caprica" for two hours.

Today (Saturday, 2.6) - I woke up and shoveled snow for 35 - 40 minutes. 16" came down on us this round of storming! I managed to get out of my side street which was *not* plowed and make it to the gym. Two brave souls showed up for my boot camp class, plus Rhianna. I had been on the treadmill for 5 minutes, then led the 75 minute class.

I forgot to take my GWF off the charger for the class and wouldn't you figure - the place where I'm supposed to be able to log in exercise should I forget to wear it did not appear on the Activity Manager. We're talking 500+ calories that I cannot log!!!!!! Type A nut that I can be that drove me crazy all day. I hopped on my home elliptical for 35 minutes while watching "Bright Star" (great movie). Still that didn't register under "vigorous exercise" which annoyed and frustrated me. Soooooo, I ended up heading up to the gym this evening for a 40 minute treadmill run followed by 10 minutes on the stationary bike. I'm still annoyed that there are 500 calories that are NOT logged on my activity manager. I plan on writing to customer support about this problem tomorrow. Grrrrr!

There is a natural bodybuilding competition this fall that is only 30 miles away. Rhianna and I are seriously considering registering for that one in the "Ms Fit Body" category. Maybe "Figure." The registration info and all is not up for this yer yet, last year's papers are still downloadable. There is another one a week later 35 miles away. Hmmmm.

Meanwhile some ladies from my class might join me in doing the Team Relay at the Akron Marathon and it is the SAME DAY as the first competition. I really, really want to do the Team Relay -so that may mean doing the second competition. If the women commit to the marathon relay, that will make the decision for me. There is also a competition a month earlier that could be promising - but I'd be going on vacation right in the midst of the pre-competition dieting/training which would be very hard (not impossible, but very hard).

No comments: