Monday, October 12, 2009

Some days of rest, some not

What I remember:

10.05.09 - I'll have to see if I logged this. I know it wasn't a rest day. I'm pretty sure I worked out for at least 90 min, but what I did escapes me without looking at that log (which I'm too lazy to get up and hunt down right now).

10.6.09 - Taught a one hour boot camp class, also had 20 min on the elliptical. Got sick somewhere near the end but finished.

10.7.09 - Took a sick day.

10.8.09 - Drove to Chicago at 4am. Walked for a LONG time at the giant miles-long Gurnee Mills mall that night. At least 1 1/2 hours of that was brisk walking.

10.9.09 Worked out in the hotel gym: 45 minutes elliptical, 20 min. weights. Not to mention lots of long walking in high heels in the cold, wind & rain for Josiah's boot camp graduation. Logged at least 2 miles of brisk walking in heels. Add shivering from the cold to that...and two large flights of stairs.

10.10 - 10.11.09 REST. REST. REST. Driving. REST.

10.12.09 -
30 minutes elliptical
35 minutes back/abs circuit w/2 min sprints on treadmill between compound sets.
15 minutes elliptical
Total time: 1 hr 20 min.

It felt good to be working out after a few days of mostly being off. Being mostly off also felt very good. My body was grateful. Having a nice break every 2 or 3 months is essential.

I just got Parillo's Sports Nutrition manual in the mail while I was gone. I haven't gotten a chance to start digging into it yet. A course to earn some CEUs for the ISSA also came, I did crack that open and start working on it.

Tomorrow it's back to the grindstone. Body Boot Camp at 6pm - I'm looking forward to it.

No comments: