Tuesday, December 22, 2009

12.22.09

Yesterday my Gowear Fit (from henceforth known as GWF) came and I charged it over night. I was uber excited about trying it out today, especially wanting to see how kick-butt my boot camp classes really are.

I wore it to the gym this morning and did:
30 minutes elliptical mountain setting
10 minute treadmill run
10 minute Stairmaster


I was working hard and it showed: In 50 minutes I burned 520 calories.

I came home and uploaded the info to see how it all worked. Of course, I'm a sucker for graphs so I was very, very happy. By the time I uploaded my info and sync-d everything I had burned 991 calories so far.

A little blurb came across the screen asking me if I'd like to upgrade to the latest software. I clicked "ok." Uh-oh, big mistake.

I took off the GWF & display to shower, put it back on, cleaned the house like a mad woman and then went to check to see how vigourous my cleaning had been. The display said "Press armband." I did. Nothing. I noticed no lights were on. I did all sorts of things, reading the manual, looking on the website, blah, blah. I hooked it back up to the computer and a window came up which said "Trouble connecting to armband, disconnect for 10 seconds and try again. If there is still a problem, call customer support." That is exactly what I ended up having to do.

And guess what? After downloaded the new firmware, pressing buttons for 20 seconds, etc, etc, it turns out my GWF is no good!! The customer support tech was excellent. He is had a new one sent right out to me and issued me a UPS return label immediately. I got it out in the drop box just after 12 noon. He said my new GWF should be here by Christmas Eve. I hope so!

It was a huge disappointment having it malfunction and not recognize/accept the firmware. Very sad, indeed. I really wanted to test out my bootcamp class. I also wanted to get the ball rolling on leaning out for April.

Anyhow...

More technical difficulties tonight. The CD player in the group exercise room would not work properly. I ended up having to use a little boom box for my class. All the fiddling around made us start 10 minutes late - which helped a woman who was running late to get there "in time."

Boot Camp Class: 1 hr 20 minutes.

So that is the report for the day. I'm going to try to do some P90X yoga tomorrow and get in some cardio. Thursday morning I'll be having class instead of at night - planning on doing the 12 days of Christmas. :)

No comments: