Sunday, December 27, 2009

12.27.09

The jury is still out on the GWF. According to it I slept 7:29 hours with 74% sleep efficiency. I agree with that. I was up and down a couple of times during the night to pee thanks to the carb-overload from Christmas which had me bloated. It had to come out sometime and it chose the middle of the night. Adding to that, my daughters had friends sleep over and friends visit. At one point there were 5 or 6 extra kids in my house, plus my two that are home. Up and down the stairs, giggling, etc.

Back to the GWF. Here lies the problem: moderate vs vigorous activity. It seems determined to count most everything I do as moderate and believe me, it's anything but. I wondered if it is because I'm an athlete and it takes more to get my heart rate up, but my heart rate WAS up today.

I did 45 minutes on the elliptical, 35 of which were sprint intervals. My heart rate stayed between 141 - and 157 which is between 82 and 90% of my target heart rate max. It definitely FELT vigorous. The GWF device said "moderate."

I then did 15 minutes on the Stairmaster, level 7 which is 98 steps per minute, and the machine said I was using 8 METS. My heart rate stayed in the 150s. At some point during this, my GWF did it's little doo-de-de-doo thing and a message said that I had met my moderate activity goal for the day. :-p I was drenched with sweat and feeling it. I had stayed on Level 7 instead of going up because I was so exhausted from the sprint intervals on the elliptical.

I then went and did a set of back work followed by a 5 minute jog on the treadmill. Another set of back work and then 15 minutes on the elliptical on hill setting. All told this was another 35 minutes of work. Never once did the doo-de-de-doo sound to tell me that I'd met my vigorous activity goal.

Could my sluggish thyroid be to blame? I'm supposed to go next week to get new blood work drawn. My TSH had been rising and my free T3 dropping. The doc added some Cytomel to my Armour to attempt to boost it but I don't think it's enough. My body temperature has been between 97.1 and 97.7. I know with my temp down like that I'm running sluggishly. This stupid backorder happening with Armour is making the whole thing a ridiculous ordeal. I could just be bumped up a level and that would even things out but nooooooooooooooooooo. I'm going to have to order it from Canada because I am NOT playing this game with synthetics and I will NOT be put on Synthroid/Cytomel. I'll agree with a little more Cytomel being added to boost things but if that doesn't help, Canadian pharmacies, you have my business!

No comments: